29.10.11

the middle east: 'blood'.

i have just finished watching 'crazy, stupid, love'. i had heard mixed reviews about it. there were moments of open laughter, and ryan gosling and julianne moore are two of my favourite actors. and well, it's hard to go wrong with a great cast. often, i find steve carell a little over baring, but he was quite watchable in this. i didn't love it, though. it was the soundtrack, that got me. it's full of delights. i always find something very fulfilling about becoming further engaged in a film because of the soundtrack.

the big surprise was when the middle east's 'blood' played at the end [of course they chopped it to bits]. i was so excited. the song takes me back to october in 2009. i had been on a first date with a wonderful bloke, and when he drove me home, we sat outside my place for some time, in the car, just talking and listening to music. we had bonded over music. and he played this song to me. i fell in love with it, right there. god, i dig the clip, too [directed by sydney-based art collective/studio greedy hen, who have an amazing website].

and if the middle east wasn't enough, they were followed by andrew bird ['tenuousness'] playing during the credits. sadly, he's not on the soundtrack. so i will just have to add him in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment